Thursday, September 24, 2009

The 103rd VCA Graduated: So where are the Pictures?

I bet you have been wondering where the pictures from our latest class Graduation is. Well I just finished editing the video and I do have a class picture to post. If you see any of these new Correctional Officers at your work site, I hope you will take the time to welcome them to the Department and help them with their transition into what we know is one of the toughest jobs they will ever have. So here is their class Photo:
From 9-14-2009


Also we have some video of the program.

103rd Vermont Correctional Academy Processional

Class Awards and speaker

Remembrance of 9/11

Commissioners Address

Administration of the Professional Oath

Keynote Part 1

Keynote Part 2

Class Recessional


I know that everyone can't make the graduation but here is your chance to see the 103rd in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Waterbury, Vermont, United States
I have served as a Vermont Correctional Academy coordinator for training development since 2001. I am responsible for training-the-trainer core competency training, Facility Training Officer programs and also serve as liaison to our security and supervision unit for training dealing with hostage negotiation, emergency preparedness, and the Corrections Emergency Response Team (CERT). I graduate from the Vermont Correctional Academy in 1993, and previously served as a Correctional Officer I, Correctional Officer II, and the local training coordinator at the former Woodstock Regional Correctional Facility. I also part of the Emergency Preparedness team. I am involved in a range of educational development and training functions for the Department of Corrections and provides Academy instruction on emergency preparedness, self-harm, suicide prevention and use of force.